- ABOUT US
Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one’s level of aspirations and expectations.”
Our students have made us proud and brought laurels to the school with their excellent results.
AISSCE Results 2020 - Class XII
Jins Job Neelankavil and Rima Sudhi
Yadhu Krishnan A (Computer, Accountancy, Business Studies)
Smeera Smith ( Maths)
Fasna K A (Accountancy, Economics)
Anjana Pradeep ( Economics)
Malavika S (Hindi)
Fanan Rasheed (Biology)
AISSE Results 2020 - Class X
School Topper : Sivani Rajesh (100% in social studies & IT) (A1 in Malayalam, Maths, Science)
Shivpriya R S (100 % in social studies, A1 in Hindi, Science)
Vyshnavi Dhanapal (Malayalam)
Joaan Jomy ( English)
Abhishek P Raphy ( English)
Azmil Ashuruff ( Hindi)
Congratulations dear students and all the best for your bright future.
Teachers In service Training & Workshops
“Technology won’t replace teachers …… but teachers who use technology will probably replace teachers who do not.”
With the advent of the coronavirus pandemic, came the containment measures of self isolation, social distancing and self quarantine, which resulted in a major interruption in the academic year of students, implying a big gap in their learning mode.
However, the timely steps taken ensured the learning to be continued to go on even at homes with the help of technological alternatives including networking channels such as the computer, smartphones etc.
This technology & learning platform acquired a new lease of life because of the training programs attended by the teachers which enabled them to conduct their online classes in the most effective way on the digital platforms.
Few training programs are listed as follows:
1. A training session on “Webex app” by the Extramarks Education company which was the first platform we adopted for the Online classes.
2. Further, a more reliable and globalized platform in association with the G Suite was adapted and the teachers were introduced to the new virtual Google Classroom and Google meet platform which created a much more friendly environment for them to communicate with their students and also helped them tremendously to teach their students in a more effective manner.
3. KG class is the vital phase in a child’s life as it is a period where they come out of their parents' comfort zone to a new world where they meet their second mothers as teachers. The KG teachers with their training session on ‘Augmented Reality Platform’ introduced by the “TuTar Infusory” software company, enabled them to present their teaching in more lively manner.
4. In addition to this, teachers also had various online training programs organised by the CBSE Board TVM on general topics such as Teaching strategies and methodologies, Positive mindful mantras for fighting stress, Dramatics in teaching, Stress management etc. which assisted them in aiding their students while teaching them online. Subject wise training, webinars etc were also attended by the respective subject teachers which guided them with tips to teach their subjects in an effective approach towards the students.
5. Few online courses in connection with “Art Integration in teaching” organised by Thrissur Sahodaya, and Macmillan Education was also attended by the teachers between class 1 to class 12.
6. All the elementary teachers from class 1 to 8 had an online NCERT training course conducted by NISHTHA(National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement) through DIKSHA portal. E- certificates were provided for the 18 courses attended by the teachers.
Workshops and seminars provide strategies and new ways of thinking especially during this present scenario where the students are totally confused about the new education methodology.
Few online workshops are listed which was organised for our students and parents which proved to be an enlightening session for them.
1. Rachna Sagar Pvt Ltd’s - Together With conducted a webinar for class 10th & 12th.
2. The Students also had a webinar on “Exam View Point” by Dr. Siju Thomas Thottappilly which helped them to have an overview of their planning and strategies in connection to the board exam.
3. The students of class 9th & 10th had a webinar named “ Be extraordinary” organised by Gulf - Tech - Omnibus , encouraged the students to boost up their energy in spite of being confined to be at homes for their safety.
4. A career guidance program by Mr. Sudheer Pottekkatu (HRD trainer & Career Guru) was organised for the students and parents of Class 8th & 9th which enabled them to discover the perfect career of their life.
PTA Activities: PTA works with the Principal and the school site council to make the school a better place for children to learn and to reform the school system. Our PTA members representing the parents of our students worked together with the management and teachers and generally supported the school efforts in volunteering the classes, PTA meetings and raising money for Social Service Projects.
Our PTA president Mr. A.A Antony always takes the lead in extending his support along with his executive members thereby being a strong pillar in all the school matters.
In the beginning of pandemic itself we supported the police and security personnel’s with precautionary items
Now a glimpse over the Annual school programs conducted digitally on various occasions:
1. Carmel Day : Each day prayers and prayerful messages were shared digitally to all the students and teachers during the novena. Virtual competitions were conducted which included Fancy Dress, Elocution, Quoted Booklets, Bouquet making, Wall Hangings and Photoframes. The full fledged participation was observed for these virtual competitions in a challenging manner by the students.
2. Onam Celebration: Onam was celebrated in a very pompous way. Using the virtual art of technology a variety of cultural programs were performed individually by the students and teachers which were clubbed together thereby creating an environment of being together in this social distancing phase.
3. Rosary: Rosary month was much lively and inspiring with the virtual prayer meet with our students, parents, staff and old students.
4. Principal’s Feast: With all pride and spark we celebrated our Principal’s feast. Programmes began by floral exchange through virtual media and finally the staff secretary handed over the bouquet to our Principal Dr.Sr. Marriette. Adorned with prayers, cake-cutting ceremony, festal wishes and teachers dance performance marked as a tribute during the occasion.
5. Children’s Day : The Children’s day was observed by commemorating the birthday of our beloved ‘Chachaji’ Pt. Jawarharlal Nehru with various competitions held like Action song, Fancy Dress Contest, Drawing Cartoon Contest, Speech Contest etc. Variety of cultural Programs were also a part of the virtual feast of the occasion.
6. Artavanza Exhibition: ‘Artavanza 2020’ was launched showcasing the leisure time activities of our students during this lockdown era which helped them to enhance and discover their hidden talents and new potentials made them more active in their mind and body. It boosted up their confidence and personality.
7. Christmas Celebration: Advent of christmas season was glorified by prayers and prayerful messages by all the Carmelites in their true spirit. This season also highlighted the launching of the first musical christmas album composed, recorded and sung by our teachers. The video album of the same was also released which was choreographed by the teachers and enacted by our students.
Various competitions including Fancy dress contest , Wreath making, Candle decoration, Nano crib contest and variety of cultural programs also added colour to the celebration.
8. Chavara Feast was done with the spectacular classical dance program choreographed by Sr. Neena Maria, Theji teacher.
Other events such as Independence day, Teacher’s day , Gandhi Jayanthi, Republic Day etc. were also observed in their respective prominence.
“ The essence of education is to help you discover your uniqueness and Young children learn best through exploration”.
Few online co-curricular activities were organised for the students which are as follows:
1. The students between class 3 to class 10 actively participated in the ‘Discovery School Super League’, a national level quiz contest. It was a 30 mins critical thinking aptitude based on general knowledge quiz which ensured them to continue learning in the current scenario.
2. Science wizard quiz competition organised by the Manorama and Universal College was organised for the students of class 12.
3. Active participation of our children in the webinar presentation contest on the topic “ Jaiva Vaividhyam Namuk Chuttum” was a remarkable one.
4. Our little master ‘Shiva Karayil’ from LKG won a record title twice, in the ‘India Book of Records’ for reciting multiplication tables and counting numbers.
5. Physics quiz winner knowledge of technology Anisha N Palakkal from +1 won the contest.
6. CHCD Foundation India conducted a Public Speaking Competition on the topic “ Relevance of Gandhian thoughts in today’s society” on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi. We are proud of our student from class 4 Ann Mary Chakkappan for being short listed in the candidates list of the final round.
7. A word of appreciation to our dear Priya teacher for bagging the third prize in the versification competition in Malayalam organised by Nirmala Province CMC.
Online Examination: Corona hazard made measures to conduct Examination through online mode. Systematic way of exams scheduled gained attention, support and appreciation from parents and well wishers. Two modes of examination pattern namely Google form mode and pen paper mode were followed and carried out under the guidance of the teachers in their respective classrooms. Submission of answer sheets in school by parents were worth mentioning. Mark sheets generated and progress reports were distributed to the parents through an e-school solution app. Open houses were timely conducted for each class under the headship of the Principal and with the class teachers.
With all my love and affection, I salute our patroness, Lady of Mount Carmel and let me conclude my words with heartfelt gratitude to all our stakeholders for their whole hearted support for bringing up the very best out of us to illuminate each moment of our academic traverse. We humbly salute all our visionary leaders of yesterday's and the great ones of today’s and seek divine grace and blessings from god almighty to guide us in our forthcoming journey. I hope you enjoy the short cultural programme, presented by our students and your evening with us is a pleasurable one.